The Veck part number system – if it seems too big Head to our contact page for further assistance
Veck uses a unique product identification system which allows you, the customer, to determine which part number matches your requirements. What might appear to be a string of random letters and numbers is in fact a logical system combining the most important elements and dimensions of the fastener to produce a very specific part number. While initially it may look somewhat daunting to look at, on this page we would like to help you understand how the system works to make understanding quotations and purchasing our products easier.
Using part number MSM1B3815M630 as an example, click on the tabs below to see a description of the different elements that make up the part number and the options within each element that you can choose between:
- the material that the fastener is produced from
- is Mild Steel (Zinc plated)
- is Stainless Steel
- the type of fastener that is welded to the base plate
- is a male threaded stud
- is a male plain pin
- is a female hexagonal nut
- is a female threaded collar
- determines whether the base plate has a central through-hole or not
- is blind (has no central no through-hole)
- is sighted (has a central through-hole)
- the size of the base plate in mm, either expressed as a dimension or a diameter
- is 15x15mm square
- is 19mm round
- is 23mm round
- is 30x30mm square
- is 38x15mm rectangular
- is 38mm round
- is 50mm round
- the metric diameter of the fastener (outside diameter for male, internal diameter for female)
- standard diameters range from
- for M1, F1 and F2’s fasteners,
- (475) only for standard M4 plain pin fasteners. Other diameters may be available as a non-standard fastener – please ask us to quote for this.
- 30 is the fastener length in mm
- lengths vary depending on the fastener type. Please refer to our product catalogue.
If you have a part number (or even part of a part number) you can use it to carry out a search of our product catalogue. You can also browse a list of part number cross-references if you would like to convert a competitor part number to ours.