Veck RA300 structural acrylic adhesive
Veck Fasteners is pleased to offer a methacrylate structural acrylic adhesives which is ideally suited to a range of applications including bonding fasteners to a variety of substrates. Our RA300 product is available in a variety of packaging, including 50ml and 400ml Nylon dispensers with suitable application guns if required.
The main features of our adhesive includes
- High shear strength and impact resistance
- High resilience to a large range of solvents and chemicals
- Variable curing times to suit your application requirements
- Ideal for use on many substrates including steels, composite
- Materials, plastics and aluminium
Veck Fasteners adhesive RA300 is a two part A&B component system, which is fast setting when mixed via a static mix nozzle at room temperatures. Because it is a high viscosity non-sag material, the mixed material is ideal for all types of gap filling requirements on steel, aluminium, polycarbonates and general plastics.
It is very good on vertical surface bonds because, being a methacrylate, it exhibits excellent structural strength even without priming the surfaces. Because of its macro structure the bonds formed show excellent durability high peel strength even in big gaps and excellent solvent and environmental resistance, resisting fuels, lubricants cleaning chemicals and fluids.
Structural joining of metals, plastics, composite bonding and on ceramics where high impact strengths are needed.
RA300 is very versatile and can bond a wide variety of substrates without the need for surface primers or conditioners. Typical examples shown below:
- Bonding metal fasteners to moulded composite parts
- Bonding aluminium and stainless steel lettering in the sign manufacturing industry.
- Bonding automotive carbon fibre body panels
- Bonding GRP in the marine industry
- Bonding dissimilar metals for trailer fabrication
Properties of uncured material:
Resin: Methyl Methacrylate
Colour: Yellow/White, although custom colours are available.
Appearance: Thixotropic Gel
Viscosity Brookfield T Bar: 120,000 to 150,000cps
Cure System: Exothermic
Open Time: 7 Minutes @ 20° C
Handling Strength: 12 Minutes @ 20° C
Performance of cured material:
ASTM D1002 Lapshear: Up to 30 Nmm²
ASTM D638 Tensile Strength: Up to 30 Nmm²
Gap Fill: 4mm
Temperature range: -55°C to 120°C
Storage and shelf life:
Veck RA300 should be stored unopened in a cool dry location, out of direct sunlight. Stored correctly, this grade can offer a 12 month shelf life from manufacture.